Smok'n-N-Jok'n

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lieutenant dan

Original poster
Dec 20, 2013
Hi all, the names Danny, I'm a US service member living in the Midwest US (central Kansas).  I love to cook and grill.  I prefer charcoal but because of my absences from my family me and my wife decided on a nice gas grill so she could easily use it when I'm gone. The great news is my wife just got me a Masterbuilt Duel Fuel, two door smoker for Christmas to add to my outdoor cooking fun.  I've read most the reviews and it seems my wife did a great job of selecting a good quality mid level smoker.  I'd appreciate some newbie do's and don'ts for starting out.  I'd like my first smoke to be a Turkey for X-mas dinner, thoughts?

I'm not much of a bird smoker so I'll let the pro's advise ya, But I wanted to say welcome to the forums Danny

Hello Danny and welcome to the family!  You'll find many threads on smoking turkey over in the poultry forums:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/102/poultry  

One of the most common turkey techniques is to brine the bird before smoking.  There are dozens of recipes over there for good brines.  Good luck!  Ask if you have more questions, and be sure to let us know how it turns out!

And Thank You for your service to our country!  
usa.gif

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky