Smoking vs. Grilling Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking/Grilling vs. Grilling

• Smoke then to finish the steaks on the grill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just grill the steaks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thewolffpack21

Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if it is better to smoke then finish the steaks on the grill, or just cook them on the grill the whole time.

Thanks

I do both depending on whe flavor I want that day.  There really are no rules in this game 
police2.gif

I usually just grill them and put a chunk of wood on the coals,

or if your doing it on a gas grill then put a chunk of wood over one burner.

Al

Smoke then grill (reverse sear) for me. Especially for thicker steaks. Let's you hit the perfect temp every time, no bullseye effect and no loss of juices all over the plate.

I like to simply reverse sear the steaks on the Weber with a couple chunks of wood on the coals.

Put The Bear down for my favorite Ribeye is Smoked first---Then finished on the Grill.

However all I do anymore is Grill them, because Mrs Bear doesn't want hers smoked, and it's a Royal PITA trying to smoke only one & get them both to finish on the Grill at the Perfect Med-Rare we both Love!

Bear

Put The Bear down for my favorite Ribeye is Smoked first---Then finished on the Grill.

However all I do anymore is Grill them, because Mrs Bear doesn't want hers smoked, and it's a Royal PITA trying to smoke only one & get them both to finish on the Grill at the Perfect Med-Rare we both Love!

Bear
I'll bet you still manage to choke them down LOL!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky