Smoking some spare ribs this afternoon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougCA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
I bought the St. Louis pack at Costco a couple weeks back when they were on sale for $1.99/lb. for the first time. I opened the back today and was surprised to find they were already trimmed. So much for rib tips, but that's ok. I put some rub on them and put them in the smoker on my new rack/pan combo. We'll see how this turns out. I'm not going to bother with any "methods", just gonna let them ride and see how they turn out.

I have two more racks to make over the next few days so can try something else.

Attachments

• IMG_7982 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_7982 Medium.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 26
Nice I love experimenting lol. Not sure I would put em on a sheet pan though goona block a lot of heat
Not only that, but it will divert the smoke around the ribs with the pan being so close to the ribs.

Chris

They came out great! 5 and a half hours in, I put them directly on the grill for about 20 minutes. The next cook will be directly on the grates to see the difference.

I have two more racks. If I make both tomorrow, one would go right to the fridge for later in the week. What's your preferred way to re-heat ribs?

Attachments

• IMG_7987 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_7987 Medium.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: tbern
They came out great! 5 and a half hours in, I put them directly on the grill for about 20 minutes. The next cook will be directly on the grates to see the difference.

I have two more racks. If I make both tomorrow, one would go right to the fridge for later in the week. What's your preferred way to re-heat ribs?

I never re-heat my ribs, I love cold ribs, just like cold fried chicken. I even converted my wife, she always would nuke a couple of ribs & I would eat mine cold, then one day she tried them cold & that’s how she likes them now. I’m sure the thinking on this is about 50/50, but just try one & see what you think.
Al

Reactions: Marknmd and DougCA
I never re-heat my ribs, I love cold ribs, just like cold fried chicken. I even converted my wife, she always would nuke a couple of ribs & I would eat mine cold, then one day she tried them cold & that’s how she likes them now. I’m sure the thinking on this is about 50/50, but just try one & see what you think.
Al
never heard of this, will try for sure. Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky