Smoking My First Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got some advice that has really helped me from someone on the forums, sadly, I forget who. When it gets around 190-200 F start pushing a skewer into the pork. If it goes in like it was butter, it is ready. It took me to a way better pulled pork.

Disco

I got some advice that has really helped me from someone on the forums, sadly, I forget who. When it gets around 190-200 F start pushing a skewer into the pork. If it goes in like it was butter, it is ready. It took me to a way better pulled pork.

Disco

I will try that next time. Thanks.

Disco
this is how I do my butts and brisket. same principle applies to both and IMO the best to check for doneness. never lets me down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky