Smoking Meat Book - I Need Great Recipe Submissions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Soak Duck in brine of Buttermilk overnite.
Dry the duck off and season it with salt, Black pepper, garlic powder.
then stuff it with apple and onion

Make a wine butter sauce
2 sticks of butter , half a bottle of red wine and mince garlic
mix in a sauce pan til it reduce to half

Put duck in the smoker 225 to 240 for 4 to 6 hours basting with wine sauce every hour!

Yum!!

TripleBQ mashed potatoes ...

1) bag of new or red potatoes

2) shaker bottle of KC MASTERPEICE BBQ seasoning

3) slab of Mrs Wright's smoked bacon

4) butter full stick

5) cup and half of milk

Peel and boil potatoes in a large pan , add 3 tablespoons of KC Masterpeice seasoning while boiling . Cut bacon into small peices and fry in a skillet or pre bake in oven at 450 for 15 minutes .... drain grease and let bacon sit ... drain potatoes , add butter and milk ( eye ball measure for perfection ) add a couple hard shakes of bbq seasoning and then stir in bacon . These go perfect with smoked brisket , smoked ham and ribs .

You can add minced garlic and a dash of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste but I serve them per my recipe and get requests to make them all the time .

Buddy Burk

Cheech’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken
2 Tablespoon non-iodized salt 1 Tablespoon granulated cane sugar
2 teaspoons ground cayenne 2 teaspoons granulated onion
1 teaspoon granulated garlic 1 teaspoon ground all-spice
1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix all the ingredients up and smoke the chicken - It can even be used on a grill instead of a smoker for a nice crispy version

Main Course:
Filet d'Filet Mignon avec "Smoke": (serves 8)
One Filet Mignon, 5-7 lb strip, peeled
Charley's Sticky Sauce - Original 1/2 cup
Butter 1/2 lb
Thyme 2 fresh sticks, remove stalks, keep leaves
Shallots 2 stalks, rinse, remove hard end,,chop coarse
Chive, fresh, 25-30 stalks chopped fine

Preparation of smoker: I prefer apple wood chunks and 6-8 whole apples placed upon the charcoal of choice (please, no starter fluid!) Get smoker to 275 degrees, it will cool down when food is inserted. Maintain at 250-275 degrees, replace apples when replacing charcoal.
Sides:
Oven roasted Pommes de Terre (potatoes! - 8 ea. Idaho "Burbank" Russet 50 count preferred)
Wash pomme d' terre, oil skin, pierce with fork twice, same side. Place Pomme d'Terre pierced side up on smoker rack, bake until soft and mushy inside (to light squeeze), Serve hot, un-opened, or "flowered" (opened and squeezed from ends and pushed upward from the bottom)
Smoke roasted Asparagus: 2-3 lbs.
Remove hard end from asparagus, use only tender stalks
lay asparagus stalks parallel in shallow pan, salt with Kosher salt, add balsamic vinegar to cover 1/2 depth of asparagus. Place in smoker for 1 hour prior to tenderloin finishing.keep liguid in pan while roasting. Drain to serve.
Dessert:
Smoked Apple Pie with Cabbot Cheddar Cheese (sharp)
Make an apple pie (which-ever recipe you choose) re-warm in smoker at the same time you insert the asparagus. Place cheese slices (1/4" thick) on top of pie, evenly distributed. keep warm until ready to serve.

COOKING TENDERLOIN:
Slice tenderloin 3/4's through loin width-wise in 2" segments
lay over upside-down pyrex bowl to "fan" the tenderloin

Melt butter slowly, do not burn
mix all other indgredients (spices and Charlie's Sticky Sauce) into butter and keep liquified (warm). Skim off fat if able to

Baste tenderloin completely with melted butter sauce

Place basted tenderloin in smoker: Lay tenderloin atop a large round upside-down pyrex bowl creating a "fanned" effect. Bowl should be placed inside a large baking dish/pan to catch the drippings (save the drippings!)

"Smoke roast" at 250-275 degrees @ 3/4 hour per lb. in smoker (slow roasted)
Baste all surfaces with residual sauce each hour.
when done to personal satisfaction (rare / medium rare / well / and so on)
remove from smoker and let rest 15 -20 minutes, covered.

Use the 15 minutes to make a sauce/gravy from the drippings deglazing pan of drippings. (not necessary but sometimes appreciated). Serve gravy on the side, or under meat slice. Never place a sauce on top of main entree'

Serve individual slices, those closer to the ends will be cooked more than the middle, serve accordingly. Garnish with an edible flower blossom, or slices of fresh melon, a dollop of sour cream and a few blueberries

This has been a favorite recipe of all our house parties...the only variation I came up with was smoke-cooked Toll House Cookies, served warm with fresh Vanilla ice cream (un-smoked of course!)

Jeff,
Best of fortunes with the book, I too would enjoy a signed first edition..

Rob Wyman, CEC
Wyman Concession and Catering
34 Emerald Woods Way
Salem, NY 12865

[email protected]

"Smoke 'm if you got'm" --- RobInNY (on SMF)

New Braunfels Bandera (Original-refurbrished and "tuned")
Magicater lpg 60 SS
Dewars for the final compliment!

Main Course:
Filet d'Filet Mignon avec "Smoke": (serves 8)
One Filet Mignon, 5-7 lb strip
Charley's Sticky Sauce - Original 1/2 cup
Butter 1/2 lb
Thyme 2 fresh sticks, remove stalks, keep leaves, chop leaves coarse
Shallots 2 stalks, chopped coarse
Chive, fresh, 25 blades chopped fine

Preparation of smoker: I prefer apple wood chunks and whole apples placed upon the charcoal of choice (please, no starter fluid!) Get smoker to 275 degrees, it will cool down when food is inserted. Maintain at 250-275 degrees
Sides:
Oven roasted Pommes de Terre (potatoes!)
Wash pomme d' terre, oil skin, pierce with fork twice, same side. Place Pomme d'Terre pierced side up on smoker rack, bake until soft and mushy inside (to light squeeze), Serve un-opened, or "flowered" (opened and squeezed from ends and pushed upward)
Smoke roasted Asparagus:
cut hard end from asparagus, use only tender stalks
lay asparagus stalks parallel in shallow pan, salt with Kosher salt, add balsamic vinegar to cover 1/2 depth of asparagus. Place in smoker for 1 hour prior to tenderloin finishing.keep liguid in pan while roasting. Drain to serve.
Dessert:
Smoked Apple Pie with Cabbot Cheddar Cheese (sharp)
Make an apple pie (which-ever recipe you choose) Place in smoker at the same time you insert the asparagus. Place cheese slices (1/4" thick) on top of pie, evenly distributed. cook until ready to serve.

COOKING TENDERLOIN:
Slice tenderloin 3/4's through loin width-wise in 2" segments
lay over upside-down bowl to "fan" the tenderloin

Melt butter slowly, do not burn
mix all other indgredients into butter and keep liquified (warm)

Baste tenderloin completely with melted butter sauce

Place basted tenderloin in smoker: Lay tenderloin atop a large round upside-down pyrex bowl creating a "fanned" effect. Bowl should be placed in a baking dish to catch the drippings (save the drippings!)

"Smoke cook" at 250-275 degrees @ 3/4 hour per lb. in smoker (slow roasted)
Baste with residual sauce each hour.
when done to personal satisfaction (rare / medium rare / well / and so on)
remove from smoker and let rest 15 -20 minutes.

Use the 15 minutes to make a sauce/gravy from the drippings (not necessary but sometimes appreciated). Serve gravy on the side.

Serve individual slices, those closer to the ends will be cooked more than the middle, serve accordingly.

This has been a favorite recipe of all our house parties...the only variation I came up with was smoke-cooked Toll House Cookies, served warm with fresh Vanilla ice cream (un-smoked of course!)

Best of fortunes with the book, I too would enjoy a signed first edition..

Rob Wyman, CEC
Wyman Concession and Catering
34 Emerald Woods Way
Salem, NY 12865

[email protected]

"Smoke 'm if you got'm" --- RobInNY (on SMF)

New Braunfels Bandera / (Original)
Magicater lpg 60 SS

Congrats on the book deal
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

BLAKE’S BURGER’S
2LBS. GROUND BEEF

½ LB. SAUSAGE

½ LB. SCRAPPLE W/BACON

2 EGG’S

1 PACKAGE BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX

OLD BAY TO TASTE

MIX WELL AND COOK TO DESIRED DONENESS

ALSO MAKES A GREAT MEATLOAF BY ADDING 1 CUP OF BREADCRUMBS.

[font=&quot]MEMPHIS BBQ SAUCE[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tablespoon butter [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/4 cup finely chopped onion [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 1/2 cups ketchup [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/4 cup chili sauce [/font]
  • [font=&quot]3 t o 4 tablespoons brown sugar [/font]
  • [font=&quot]3 to 4 tablespoons molasses [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tablespoon liquid hickory smoke flavoring [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 teaspoon salt [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper [/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 teaspoon chili powder [/font]
  • [font=&quot]dash cayenne pepper, or to taste[/font]
[font=&quot]PREPARATION:[/font]

[font=&quot]In a saucepan, slowly sauté the chopped onion in butter until soft and just beginning to turn yellow. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Delicious on chopped pork sandwiches or use with chicken. [/font]

Red Onions;

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon or 1tsp dried tarragon
1/4 tps salt
Coarsely gound black pepper to taste
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 pound red onions, thinly sliced

Slaw:

4 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups grated carrots
3 TBS chopped sweet pickle
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 TBS sugar
1 tps Creole or grainy mustard
1/2 tsp salt
Coarsely ground black pepper

1. To prepare onions, combine vinegar, tarragon, salt, peppers in a small bowl. Whisk in oil, pour over slice onions. Regrigerate overnight, makes aboput 2 cups.

2. To prepare cabbage, combine cabbage, carrots, pickles, and 1/2 cup red onions (you'll have some left over) in a large bowl & toss.

3.Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and mustrad in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove fromheat and pour over cabbage mixture while still hot. Refrigerat several hours before serving. Add salt and pepper. Serve cold.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Jeff I got your pm and am honored. I assume the book will be available here to purchase correct? Again I can not wait to see it in publication so I may share with friends and family. Just let me know where to get it.

AGAIN THANKS

Blake

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yes, I will provide purchase information once that is available. The book went into the fall catalogs and will be available in stores everywhere this coming spring. It will also be available on amazon as I understand it.

Thanks everyone!!

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Jeff,[/color]

You're welcome to use anything I post, including anything in my signature, after all, I'm not exactly hiding any of it.

You can also use my favorite dessert my wife makes, that I posted awhile back (Mrs Bear's Raspberry Chiffon Pie).

It's Great & real easy to make, with the directions I put in that post.

Link to that pie:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...berry-chiffon-pie-mrs-bear-s-recipe-with-pics

Bearcarver

Last edited:
Just came across this while searching for something else and thought I would bump for more info on purchase, cause if it is available I have missed it.  Thanks for any info guys

The book was going to be released this past spring but the publisher has some delays and decided to wait until next spring. So it should be out sometime then. I know that Jeff will let us all know when it will be released.

Hope that helps

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky