Smoking : Masterbuilt Electric Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Cathy and welcome to SMF from SE Ga!
Which model of MES do you have ?
Lots of mes users on here and I prefer to use a smoke tube loaded with pellets While others use the mailbox mod. I'm sure someone will join in to help you find the best solution for you.
Keith

Reactions: tallbm
Lots of mes users on here and I prefer to use a smoke tube loaded with pellets While others use the mailbox mod. I'm sure someone will join in to help you find the best solution for you.
Keith
I’m not exactly sure WHICH model I have

Attachments

• B7BF25D0-330E-46F5-98C9-C16EDDDD14FA.jpeg
    B7BF25D0-330E-46F5-98C9-C16EDDDD14FA.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 32
  • A710D625-9774-4A25-9DEF-397B70612747.jpeg
    A710D625-9774-4A25-9DEF-397B70612747.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 31
Keith
MB20070210

How do I get more SMOKE in my Masterbuilt Electric smoker ? There is NO vent pipe . Thank you

Hi there and welcome!

Your model is the 30inch Analogue electric, there will be no chip feeding tube but instead has a chip pan in the lower right side which I see in your picture :

Your option is to use something like these pellet smoker tubes:

They should produce 4-5 hours of smoke for you. I would get 2 so you run them back to back for long smokes like pork butts and briskets.
I believe most folks fill halfway up and then lay on the side so the pellets are halfway length wise. People report if you fill it completely it's too much smoke that is too thick but halfway gives perfect smoke.

You would basically stop using the chips and set this on top of the chip pan. People get a set of U-bolts to make legs so it's elevated. Then keep drippings off it and you are set!
446362-82739b1c40b60cc0804a223c214816b5.jpg

The tube will work in smaller and lower oxygen environments like your Analogue 30 Inch smoker.

So recap.
  • Get a pair of the longer pellet smoke tubes and each tube will give you 4-5hrs of smoke so when when is done you just load the second and you get 8-10hrs of smoke, or just load one for however long you need.
  • You will need to get pellets to load in these, chips wont work BUT a bag of pellets lasts FOREVER.
  • Make some simple legs with them with cheap ubolts and set ON TOP of your chip pan
  • You don't want the tube too close to the electrial element or it will ignite all the pellets into a flame.
  • Ensure drippings don't drip into the pellet tube. I'd take a foil pan and just cut it so it makes like a little canopy over the tube. Simple and something you can do with a utility knife, tin snips, or a pair of old shears/scissors.

Your smoke output woes should be resolved with this.

It's best to avoid the pellet tray for your smoker, it's too small and not enough oxygen. I would stick with the tubes :)

I have used a Masterbuilt Elec. Smoker for years. I personally think the tube puts out too much smoke for my liking (personal preference) so I use the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker (AMNPS). This usually gives about 8 to 10 hours of smoke. If you want more smoke...light both ends.

download.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky