Smoking in Iowa!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
Greetings from the fridgid state of Iowa! LOL Been smoking for a year now. Started with a weber charcoal smoker, had lots of luck with the ole girl. Due to the beautiful weather here in Iowa in the late fall, winters, I had to switch to a Propane Great Outdoors Smoker to keep the temps going right. Had a heck of a time keeping the charcoal at a consistent temp.

Love to smoke our big Iowa boneless pork loins, turkey breasts, BRATS, chicken breasts, pork ribs, and trying hamballs tommorrow with a porkloin. Reading around the forums I think I need to get into the Bacon, and not the chocolate covered kind. LOL Looking foward to sharing your knowledge and helpful tips and tricks.

Have a Merry XMAS!

ballagh, glad to have you on board. Speaking of Christmas cookies, my youngest son and the oldest grandson was dipping pretzels in chocolate yesterday when I remembered about the Chirstmas cookie post. Fried up about a half pound of bacon and dipped it in the left over chocolate. Grandson thought I was off my rocker but after his first taste, he asked for another piece.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky