Smoking in Iowa!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by ballagh, Dec 23, 2006.

1. ballagh

ballagh Smoking Fanatic

Greetings from the fridgid state of Iowa! LOL Been smoking for a year now. Started with a weber charcoal smoker, had lots of luck with the ole girl. Due to the beautiful weather here in Iowa in the late fall, winters, I had to switch to a Propane Great Outdoors Smoker to keep the temps going right. Had a heck of a time keeping the charcoal at a consistent temp.

Love to smoke our big Iowa boneless pork loins, turkey breasts, BRATS, chicken breasts, pork ribs, and trying hamballs tommorrow with a porkloin. Reading around the forums I think I need to get into the Bacon, and not the chocolate covered kind. LOL Looking foward to sharing your knowledge and helpful tips and tricks.

Have a Merry XMAS!

2. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF ballagh!!! I had almost forgot about ChiBill's Christmas cookies and here it is that time of year.

3. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

ballagh, glad to have you on board. Speaking of Christmas cookies, my youngest son and the oldest grandson was dipping pretzels in chocolate yesterday when I remembered about the Chirstmas cookie post. Fried up about a half pound of bacon and dipped it in the left over chocolate. Grandson thought I was off my rocker but after his first taste, he asked for another piece.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

4. Welcome to SMF. I lived in SW Iowa a long time myself. I still miss the pheasant.