Smoking in Birmingham, AL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rodney

Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hi!

There is so much info on this web page I’m never gonna be able to go to sleep tonight! Bought my first grill (99.99 2 burner brinkman from Lowes) about a year and a half ago and within a week I had already made some mods to the grill to improve its performance and I was HOOKED! That grill lasted about 3 months and then the large BGE was delivered! Sauces, rubs, wood chips and chunks have become a small obsession of mine. After I attended Myron Mixons BBQ class in November and picked up some new tricks I now see a Lang reverse flow smoker in my 2011 line up! I look forward to “memorizing” (that’s what my girlfriend calls it when I can’t put down the book or turn off the computer cause I’m reading) and learning how to make some amazing food for friends and family!  

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. The Lang's are great smokers for sure. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF Rodney, your girlfriend will really love it when you start taking pictures of your food! 
beercheer.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ok Meateater keeps stealing my lines so I will just say Welcome and we are looking forward to seeing your posts -

Thanks for the replies. After MANY hours of extensive research (lol) Lang is gonna be my best bet. However, if money wasn’t an issue, pitmaker.com has me SOLD! Once I figure out how to upload images, it’s gonna be a late night… 

Sounds like a plan. Welcome to SMF. Uploading is easy. At the top of the text box is an icon, "insert image". Just click on it & follow the prompts.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Rodney to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Welcome aboard!  As you've already found there is a ton of information here on SMF and you'll also find some of the most helpful folks when it comes to smokin' so don't hesitate to post questions.

Uploading pictures is fairly easy, in the Reply box toolbar, mouse over the Insert Image icon and select it. In the popup, select Choose File and locate your jpg file...be it on your hard drive or SD card etc, then just select Submit.

You gotta figure out uploading images because we gotta have some Qview!!!  
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome aboard,from your neighbor in Hueytown.This site is the best.....Good luck with your Lang setup,I know they are very nice units

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky