Smoking in Austin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gsbtx19

Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
So I guess I needed another hobby.  I purchased the Masterbuilt 30 Electric Smoker to experiment on.  I have recently been experimenting with sous vide and found that you can sous vide larger cuts of meat and then finish them in the smoker.  I will be smoking the traditional way too, but am always up to experiment and find something new.  I am an avid hunter so I will be smoking venison, dove, wild hog, axis and anything else that I can get my hands on.  I've also been brewing beer for a 5 years or so too.  I do not typically brew in the summer as the Texas heat is too much, but now that it is starting to cool down,  I will start brweing again and looking to pair some homebrew with smoked meat.  Anyway, I look forward to learning from everyone as there appears to be a great wealth of knowledge just waiting for me to read.

Geoff

Austin,TX

Welcome! Take a look around, if you have any questions we will point you in right direction!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky