Smoking from Killeen (Fort Hood Area) Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

barbqmike

Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Killeen, TX
First of all I would like to say Thank You for this great site! Even though I am just now posting on the roll call, I have read some great posts with suggestions and ideas so that I could use my Smokey Hollow #6 (38'x20'x14') for the first time to smoke 2 briskets for Christmas Dinner. I have always used my regular gas grill to smoke brisket but they just didn't have that smokey flavor nor low and slow texture.

I am now hooked on smoking food... so far I have done briskets and 2 chicken halves and my family and some friends whom have tasted really said it was fantastic. I do know that in time the food can and will get even better.

I have not done any mods to my smoker yet, but I think the first thing I need to look at is sealing the doors some as I noticed quite a bit of smoke escaping.  

I am enrolled in the eCourse and so far the 4 chapters I have read have been very informative and I appreciate the time and effort that went into them. I do plan on purchasing the Smoking Meat Book  which I know will aide me greatly. I also need to buy the Maverick thermometer set as the ones I have are pretty cheap and iffy. 

Thank you again for this great community and I will be posting pics of what comes out of my smoker and maybe one day soon I can reply to new smokers with help and any guidance I can provide 
beercheer.gif

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky