Smoking crappie, sunfish, cats and northern

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LOL.....I think The truck from down your way will start again soon, he usually makes weekly trips and brings up shrimp and crawfish. I needs me some fresh jumbos...
 I just need some more shrimp. Last years shrimp is history. Was all excited the other day, had some fresh oysters and was going the En Brochette route with shrimp oysters and bacon, don'tcha know I was out and didn't even know it. Bah! I usually put up 20/25's twice a year.

ive got a bunch of catfish fillets can you use fillets like kippers then but use foil to smoke on?

Just throwing this out there.

</clears his professional announcer voice, puts his hand over one ear and reads the copy>

If you have trouble smoking items which are too small for your grate, say "Q-Mats", Todd w/ Amazin Products will gladly set you right up.

Long ago before the coated Q-Mats, I had tried using window screen but the hole size was too small and always got pluged. You can get a slightly larger screen sheeting, but did I mention the Q-Mats? They work great for nuts, I used mine the other day for cheeses also. 

Remember that name, Q-mats, brought to you by one of our proud sponsors Amazin Products, ask for Ms. Rhonda she's a sweeety!

Last edited:

Just throwing this out there.

</clears his professional announcer voice, puts his hand over one ear and reads the copy>

If you have trouble smoking items which are too small for your grate, say "Q-Mats", Todd w/ Amazin Products will gladly set you right up.

Long ago before the coated Q-Mats, I had tried using window screen but the hole size was too small and always got pluged. You can get a slightly larger screen sheeting, but did I mention the Q-Mats? They work great for nuts, I used mine the other day for cheeses also. 

Remember that name, Q-mats, brought to you by one of our proud sponsors Amazin Products, ask for Ms. Rhonda she's a sweeety!
Ahhh yes.. How soon I forget. My smoked fish always have the skin on.
hit.gif

Steve

I used brown sugar kosher salt soy and a little mesquite flavoring. How long do these go 2 hours or longer? Theyre10 by 4 fillets off of a 5 lb catfish. Sorry for the delay didn't see this post.

thanks for the info. my pellet grill has been at 170 and almost 2.5 hours almost done. appreciate the reply.

sausage.gif
Great looking smoke nothing like a bunch of friends over to enjoy the feast.

You know why the southern boys talk different because we don't want the northern boys to know what we saying. 
laugh1.gif

biggrin.gif

Warren

sausage.gif
Great looking smoke nothing like a bunch of friends over to enjoy the feast.

You know why the southern boys talk different because we don't want the northern boys to know what we saying. 
laugh1.gif

biggrin.gif

Warren
That is why we cant get the recipe's right....
th_crybaby2.gif
But they are nice enough to give us the step by step...I have gotten many ideas and great recipes from our southern friends.... thank you!

pot.gif

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky