Smoking Cheese with a new AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
Hello SMF:
So I received an amazon gift card for Christmas from my mother in law. so she ended up buying me a new A MAZE N 5x8 tray. (which replaces the one I lost in my last move) and i wanted to try my hand at smoking Cheese. I put some cherry pellets (Amazen Brand) in my AMNPS and lit it for about an hour. I have the cheese wrapped up in the fridge now. it has been a week and it tastes good but i need to let it settle a little more so I'm waiting another week or two before i eat them. I know never happened if no pics so below are the pics of my first Cheese smoking. (Used a weber Kettle)

Getting ready to light
IMG_20201230_093346.jpg

Getting the pellets going...
IMG_20201230_094359.jpg

some cheese sticks for smoking (mozzarella)
IMG_20201230_093843.jpg

gentle smoke rolling and I did have the lid on during the smoke
IMG_20201230_110517.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

My only comment is you need more cheese:) First batch will not last long. So you smoked the sticks for an hour? I fill my tray with dust and run for 3-4 hrs.

That is about the cleanest AMNPS I have ever seen lol. Mine looks like a black bomb went off on top of it from a lot of use but still works great! Cheese looks great too! I usually vac seal the next day and wait at least a couple weeks usually more like a month before I bust into it. The others are right you best get some more going!

Looks good but must also suggest next time to go 3+ hours. Since the pellets are/were so close to the cheese in that weber, I would also recommend using cherry dust to help keep the temp down.

And yes, more cheese next time.......

My only comment is you need more cheese:) First batch will not last long. So you smoked the sticks for an hour? I fill my tray with dust and run for 3-4 hrs.
I went more like 80 minutes...i was told less is more i will try more time next time

Looks good, you’ve reminded me I need to get some more cheese going!
Thank you!
That is about the cleanest AMNPS I have ever seen lol. Mine looks like a black bomb went off on top of it from a lot of use but still works great! Cheese looks great too! I usually vac seal the next day and wait at least a couple weeks usually more like a month before I bust into it. The others are right you best get some more going!
Its a brand new AMNPS. i used cling wrap for the cheese afterwards next time i will vac seal.

Looks good but must also suggest next time to go 3+ hours. Since the pellets are/were so close to the cheese in that weber, I would also recommend using cherry dust to help keep the temp down.

And yes, more cheese next time.......

I will def do more cheese i just got some ticks to see if i like it. it was a cold day and the pellets werent very hot. i will look into some dust though.

thanks for everyone's input!
Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Looks good Aaron, I agree with using dust. Especially in such a confined area.

Point for sure
Chris

Easy to make dust out of your existing pellets if want to do that. I do 3-4 hrs on my cheese. Seems about right to our liking.
A good start though :emoji_wink:

Looks good! You gotta find what works best for you and what you like as far as smoked cheese goes

Ryan

Looks good Aaron. I find that more then 2 hours on the string cheese is too much smoke IMHO. Though I've never used cherry before. So I maybe blowing smoke!

Reactions: phatbac
I bet a mailbox mod funneling up to the lower weber's vent would be an awesome cold smoke addition. Since I have both mailbox mod and a weber grill, hmmmmm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky