• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Boneless Whole Chicken

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
I watched the thread on the Wiki about deboning a chicken and I gave it a shot.  I have one that was a success and the other not so much.

I put both of them in a pyrex dish with salt, pepper, rub and olive oil.  Letting it sit overnight and then tomorrow before they go on smoker I am going to rub under the skin.

Going to smoke until 120 (at 250-275), then going to finish on my grill.  (I tried all variations with smoker and skin always rubbery so going to give it shot on both and see how it works.

Ill have Q starting in the morning before the 100 games.

See ya 

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Sounds like a good plan, finishing smoked chicken on the grill is always a hit with the crowd. It's all good my friend.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
The grill works man, the only way to go in my opinion. A little NFL football and some good chicken sounds like a good way to end the Thanksgiving season.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
Thanks guys cant wait.  The chicken is always good off smoker but skin is nasty.

Do you guys smoke it until a certain temp then put it on grill?

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I usually like to kick up the temp on my birds at the end to crisp them up a bit. 

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
Good on you for taking on some fabrication!  You will never be unhappy with these advanced skills....

The difference between good food and WOW is all in fabrication... the earlier you start to learn it the quicker you will master this advanced level of smoking, curing, and cooking!

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
I take them to 165-170, then it only takes a few minutes on a good hot grill to finish the skin.

Thanks guys cant wait.  The chicken is always good off smoker but skin is nasty.

Do you guys smoke it until a certain temp then put it on grill?

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
got them on now... ill bring to 160 then on grill.  ill let you guys know.

one more question, birds are a lot faster than meat (no stall or anythnig) right?

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 27, 2010
just hit 160 (only one hour of cooking) so prob cause there were no bones or anything in it.  putting it on grill now.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
nothing like a butt, if it happens it won't be for long especially at those higher temps

got them on now... ill bring to 160 then on grill.  ill let you guys know.

one more question, birds are a lot faster than meat (no stall or anythnig) right?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.