Smoking and Grilling Gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larryb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Chesapeake, VA
i have tried the 2 part gloves, with cotton liner and food grade second layer. doesn't protect hands when removing hot grill grates, or trays on which i am smoking food. looking for recommendations! thanks

Reactions: negolien
Different gloves for different jobs is how I roll.
I use either nitrile, or no gloves for prepping meats, mixing sausage batter, etc. and the welding gloves for hot grates and stuff. I don't pick meat up off the grate with them, but will steady larger cuts while using a spatula. The MIG gloves are tanned leather, not rough suede, and can be easily wiped off. I don't want to alarm nobody, but I still use them for welding too. :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
I use either nitrile, or no gloves for prepping meats, mixing sausage batter, etc. and the welding gloves for hot grates and stuff. I don't pick meat up off the grate with them, but will steady larger cuts while using a spatula. The MIG gloves are tanned leather, not rough suede, and can be easily wiped off. I don't want to alarm nobody, but I still use them for welding too. :emoji_sunglasses:
But not the same pair?

I guess since we’re talking gloves I use the Atlas 660s for handling hot meat NOT grates. same you see on Deadliest Catch. Good for pulling apart Butts too. I just “wash” my hands with dish soap while wearing and they’re good for the next round.

Reactions: DougE
I use the pit mitts for moving grates and etc. When prepping or shredding meat I use nitrile gloves.
Jim

I think most of us use 2 or 3 different gloves depending on what we are doing. Nitrile gloves for food handling, insulated gloves for handling meat, and welding gloves for handling hot coals or grates. Here is a site that reviews BBQ gloves.
Al

I never wear them---Too hard to find gloves that fit my Bear Paws!!
"One size fits all is Total BS !!"
Most gloves are actually sold in sizes "Small", "Smaller", and "Shrimpy little OJ hands"

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: BigW. and MadMax281
The last time I was in Georgia visiting my daughter. I was making something on their kettle. While filling up the charcoal baskets with fully lit coals a few of them managed to miss the baskets. So I borrowed his Q'ing gloves and picked up the lit coals and put them back into the baskets. I also rearranged the baskets to better serve my needs. I was surprised that I felt no heat at all, and mentioned to my SIL that I really liked his gloves. Low and behold the week after we returned home I got a package from him. It was a pair of the Q'ing gloves. They fit, and I can easily move hot things on my grills.

These are the gloves that I use. Also my hands are large enough to palm a regulation size basketball. I'm pretty sure there from a company called Geekhom and only cost about 10.00 bucks.

1655562599775.png

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky