• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking a Chuck Roast

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
What temp are you smoking at? I can't see the size (lbs). I've done chuckies that took 2hrs and some that took 4hrs.....

stokensmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 6, 2016
Chuck roasts are my favorite. Usually takes me 6 hours to get them pull apart tender. What are you gonna rub it up with?

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 27, 2016
I usually go six hours but it really depends on the actual roast you're smoking. The 1-3 hour rest afterwards gives you plenty of leeway on timing.

birdman080

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 4, 2016
Well, I debated on either a foil wrap or a covered foil pan.  I had planned to buy low-sodium beef broth at the store for liquid, but forgot.  I will pick that up tomorrow.  I honestly even debated putting it in the oven to finish after I foil/pan it.

I am looking forward to the finished product though...that's for sure.  

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks