Smoking 45 pound Piggy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok guys, so I am going to take it 165 then pull it and let it rest for probably 2 hours..

Late to the party but yes, 165 for sliced shoulder and ham. You can get to pulling temp but that is done better splayed open with lots of mopping over the loins. Looks fabulous!...JJ

Reactions: cubano15
D85FC5AB-1AF1-4DEF-B0DE-22391F79D65B.jpeg

Freaking Fantastic Looking Swine!
I'm daydreaming about mouthfuls of fatty meat wrapped in crisp skin.

So how was the overall doneness at 165°?
Any really pink meat or blood on bones or joints?
No it turned out perfect at 165.. everybody grubbed down. Me and my buddy sat out back and enjoyed a cigar while everyone had at. Thanks for all the input and help!

Reactions: wwideersmoker
Definite point. That is a really great looking smoke, Makes me want to go do one right now!!! Great Job on it, I bet it was a tasty treat for everyone. Way to go!!!

What kind of smoker is that? I am trying to figure out if I could fit this in mine or if I would have to use my FIL Louisiana.

How was the skin, was it tough or was it edible? :)

What kind of smoker is that? I am trying to figure out if I could fit this in mine or if I would have to use my FIL Louisiana.
It was a green mountain grill Daniel Boone. Just barely barely barely fit.

The skin was very good. We rubbed Costco Avacado Oil all over it

Awesome! I would love to trap a few shoats up to like 15-20 pounds and smoke them in my MES. Maybe some day in the future :)

That looks fantastic . Great job .

Did I just see you comment in the " eating healthy thread ? " LOL.
Yes, yes you did.
But I didn't say I followed my own advice all the time and added a caveat at the end. ;)
Moderation is the key.
It's not meats and cheeses that are unhealthy, it's the over indulgence.
Combine that with too many carbs, processed sugars, bad eating habits and lack of exercise.
Smaller meals with in between snacks, no huge meals followed by a nap/sleep.

All easier said than done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky