SMOKING 1/2 BLOCK OF SHARP WHITE CHEDDAR (FINAL PIC)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
33 degrees and windy. Rolling Hickory pellets over 1/2 block of Sharp White Cheddar on the Weber Kettle for 3 or 4 hours. Just love the Hickory!
HALF BLOCK SHARP WHITE CHEDDAR.jpg

1/2 block of Sharp White Cheddar

ROLLING HICKORY PELLETS.jpg

Rolling Hickory Pellets
TEMP.jpg

Temp
ALL DONE.jpg

Last edited:
If I wasn't under the weather I would have a batch going. White cheddar is great. I prefer it over yellow. It seems to be smoother. That's going to be good!

Reactions: Hawging It
Man bet that's gonna be good. I haven't got to smoke any yet this year but with an inch of snow on the ground and temps around 16 tonight would be a perfect time!

Man bet that's gonna be good. I haven't got to smoke any yet this year but with an inch of snow on the ground and temps around 16 tonight would be a perfect time!
I saw where it is very chilly
Vol, I heard it was cold up there. We missed a little snow by just a couple of degrees early this morning.

Yep! Most of the cheese I do is with Hickory. Apple or Alder wood gives a pleasant flavor as well.

How long do you let it mellow after smoking it? The last batch I made it was way too smokey even after wrapped in plastic wrap for 2 weeks. It was brutally smokey, I like heavy smoke and I couldn't eat it for about a month.

Nice looking cheese. Some good color was taken on. I'm a fan of white cheddar also.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
How long do you let it mellow after smoking it? The last batch I made it was way too smokey even after wrapped in plastic wrap for 2 weeks. It was brutally smokey, I like heavy smoke and I couldn't eat it for about a month.
It sits in refrigerator over night. I then vac pack and put the cheese in my other little fridge for a long rest. I will try some after about a month just to check out how it is coming along. It's usually minimum 6 months before I give some away to friends or partake myself. I have some from last January that is still in the fridge resting up.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky