• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SMOKING 1/2 BLOCK OF SHARP WHITE CHEDDAR (FINAL PIC)

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
33 degrees and windy. Rolling Hickory pellets over 1/2 block of Sharp White Cheddar on the Weber Kettle for 3 or 4 hours. Just love the Hickory!
HALF BLOCK SHARP WHITE CHEDDAR.jpg

1/2 block of Sharp White Cheddar

ROLLING HICKORY PELLETS.jpg

Rolling Hickory Pellets
TEMP.jpg

Temp
ALL DONE.jpg

Last edited:

Steve H

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
If I wasn't under the weather I would have a batch going. White cheddar is great. I prefer it over yellow. It seems to be smoother. That's going to be good!

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Man bet that's gonna be good. I haven't got to smoke any yet this year but with an inch of snow on the ground and temps around 16 tonight would be a perfect time!

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
If I wasn't under the weather I would have a batch going. White cheddar is great. I prefer it over yellow. It seems to be smoother. That's going to be good!
Hope you feel better soon. Never done the white cheddar. Excited to taste it.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Man bet that's gonna be good. I haven't got to smoke any yet this year but with an inch of snow on the ground and temps around 16 tonight would be a perfect time!
I saw where it is very chilly
Vol, I heard it was cold up there. We missed a little snow by just a couple of degrees early this morning.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Hope you feel better soon. Never done the white cheddar. Excited to taste it.
Thanks. Yeah, just a bug. And of course I get it on my 2 days off! If you like the white cheddar. Then you should try the seriously sharp cheddar. It is very good IMHO.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
ya got some good looking cheese there,going to taste good. i'm a hickory fan too

Steve H

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Yep! Most of the cheese I do is with Hickory. Apple or Alder wood gives a pleasant flavor as well.

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 10, 2008
How long do you let it mellow after smoking it? The last batch I made it was way too smokey even after wrapped in plastic wrap for 2 weeks. It was brutally smokey, I like heavy smoke and I couldn't eat it for about a month.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
HI, You have some great color on your cheese,excellent snacking coming up!

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice looking cheese. Some good color was taken on. I'm a fan of white cheddar also.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks awesome!
Great color!
Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Hawg that has some great color on it,I tried the kettle doing Chex mix one time it was way to strong,may have to try cheese some time. Likes
Richie

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
How long do you let it mellow after smoking it? The last batch I made it was way too smokey even after wrapped in plastic wrap for 2 weeks. It was brutally smokey, I like heavy smoke and I couldn't eat it for about a month.
It sits in refrigerator over night. I then vac pack and put the cheese in my other little fridge for a long rest. I will try some after about a month just to check out how it is coming along. It's usually minimum 6 months before I give some away to friends or partake myself. I have some from last January that is still in the fridge resting up.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks