Smokin In VT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

don - smokie

Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
VT
Hello there, 

I'm excited to join this forum for my first  80 gallon reverse smoker build. I have had a long interest in smoking that started after a work associate invited me and my wife to Memphis in May 15 years ago. It was amazing to see all the competition, smokers,  friendships and great BBQ at that event. I have since wanted a proper smoker and have had some good rib and lamb dishes from a simple Brinkmann Smoke and Grill but found it too awkward to maintain for any length of time, so I decided its time to learn some new skills and put some of my school day metalwork skills to use and build from scratch. Hopefully I can spend a few hours a week in the evenings working on it with a goal of smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving. From what I've seen on this forum there are lots of great ideas and tons of advise so I look forward to learning and sharing as we go along. 

Thanks 

Don Smokie..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky