SMOKIN CHOPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chops are generally to lean for smoking. But if I where to do it I would wrap some bacon around them to keep from drying out.

Chops cook fast 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. depending on how hot your smoker is running, but they can be really really tastey! My all time favorite is to mix a couple of cups of buttermilk with some Tony Chacharro's Creole Seasoning - just mix to taste, but be carefull cause Tony's can get a little salty if you over do it. Then put the chops in a ziplock bag or a plastic container and let them "brine" in that overnight. Smoke with some mesquite at 225°.

The buttermilk acts like a tenderizer and give them a wonderfull subtle flavor.

Geez Johnny, is there anything you don't have a recipe for?   
icon_lol.gif

icon_cool.gif

Well I hope your chops will do better then the Bear will do against the Pack.

That sounds good, I'll give it a try..... 225 is what I was thinking, I buy smoked chops at Fareway and they are really good. I would just as soon smoke my own. I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Will see if Culter falls apart like he likes to do. Maybe he will throw more passes to the packers then the bears like he did last year :) Might want to throw some other confort food on the smoker also. You know for after the Bears lose :)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky