Smokey Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2007
Rural out-skirts of Sedalia, MO
Smokey Lasagna....well, not exactly. I was tasked with making lasagna for our community group tonight (a small church group). I was threatened within an inch of my life that it was not to go in the smoker. I begged and pleaded, but lost. So I did the next best thing. I smoked 2 pounds of whole milk mozzerella and 2 blocks of parm. They added a very nice smokey goodness.

Next time I may take the 2 tubes of breakfast sausage and smoke them as a fatty and crumble them into the lasagna meat base.

But, it turned out very good with just the cheese smoked. I usually base how good something is by how much I brought home. Not a good judgement this time as it came out to about 10 pounds worth of food. More than half was eaten, so I'll call that a success.

Sure! Here's a shot of the ultimate test (second only to flavor) for any good lasagna (in my most humble Scottish/Welsh/American opinion!) If the lasagna can be removed and support itself this well, it passes.

I sliced rather thick hunks of the smoked mozz. A pound on the lower layer and another pound on the upper layer. I also added a cup of grated smoked parm to the cottage cheese and egg mixture. And sprinkled the other 2 cups of grated smoked parm on top.

las-030908.jpg

looks good Josh,what did she think of the cheese being smoked?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky