Smokey Italian Beef Sandwiches Chicago Style W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Living and growing up in Chicago for 30 years I became fond of these. And after seeing Pineywoods post the other day of his great beef roast inspired me to do this again, been a long time.

Rump score. And you gotta have some sauteed bell peppers sauteed in EVOO and oregano and basil and garlic

MES Window View.

Almost there. Smoked at 225', I took off at 132' with a blend of hickory and mesquite.

Sliced it up tonight.

Sliced some by hand last night and made a sammie. Yummo! I used the juices with some oregano, basil, and garlic for the au jus.

This was one of my favorite places to get them.

http://www.carms.com/

You could order them extra juicy and you needed a bib when eating. Of course theirs wasn't smoked or rare and were served on Italian bread in waxed deli paper.

Thanks for watching.

Chicagoan, and IB fanatic here, I have to say it looks like you hit a home run with your version.
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

where is the giardinara?

Great looking pics, Ron. Thanks for sharing.

Looks awesome Ron

That looks GREAT Ron!
I LOVE Italian beef sammies but had never thought to smoke one. I gotta try that out. Thanks for posting this, now I'm debating on going out to pick up a roast and try it out, would be nice if they were buy one get one...
Kudos for a job well done.

Great combo of flavors, congrats Ron.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky