Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fitch

Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Michigan
Hi All,
It's been a long while. Gotta a question, haven't used my smoker in a few years and am curious if there is anything I should do to prepare the smoker. I was going to do a burnout the night before but wanted opinions from the group.

Thanks in advance!
Fitch

I would say go with the burnout and scraping, if there's any mold that should take care of it, if not you can spray with a bleach solution and do another burnout.

Reactions: bassthumb32
What kind of smoker is it?
In most cases you can forget the bleach & just spray the inside with Pam & build a big fire & get the temp up to 350+ for a couple of hours. That will burn everything out. I had that issue with my WSM & the high heat did the job.
Al

Reactions: motolife313
Hi im not sure im posting tbis in the right location, but i have a question. Has anynoby heard of a brinkmann sidewinder?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky