• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker trailer

durtyburd69

Joined Apr 1, 2013
Hey i built my own backyard smoker/grill works great but i wanna build one on a trailer i have two 250 gallon stand up oil drums and a 500 gallon tank how can i configure these on a trailer or should i use a propane tank and one 250 gallon because i want a vertical cooker to?? Anyone ever use oil tanks?

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
DurtyBurd69-Welcome to SMF. To best answer those questons, head on over to the smoker build forum. Our members have build some pretty amazing smokers using oil drums and propane tanks-it's just a matter of what your intended use is.

durtyburd69

Joined Apr 1, 2013
Im going to be catering summer events looked at a while mess of cookers leaning toward propane tank with oil drum as warming box over fire box

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Be sure to check out the Build forum-plenty of things post there that will give you so many ideas you won't be able to choose which way to go-kinda like a woman in a shoe store. . .:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.