Featured Smoker pellets to buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GIJOE007

Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
I’ve just started smoking with a vertical pellet smoker. I’m reading that YOU MUST use quality wood pellets. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best I can buy?
Thanks

I’ve just started smoking with a vertical pellet smoker. I’m reading that YOU MUST use quality wood pellets. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best I can buy?
Thanks
LJ as mentioned or cookinpellets

These are the best I have used, but it's hard to beat the $9.00 price of Lumberjacks from Rural King, Dick's will price match the L.J. pellets if you show them the R.K. prices.

But these burn hotter and cleaner, by far the best I've used, but they are three times the price of L.J's.

Reactions: denny
Some of us use a combination: a good pellet like Lumberjack in the hopper and a smoker tube or tray of a premium pellet like CookinPellets. You get the best of both worlds.

These are the best I have used, but it's hard to beat the $9.00 price of Lumberjacks from Rural King, Dick's will price match the L.J. pellets if you show them the R.K. prices.

But these burn hotter and cleaner, by far the best I've used, but they are three times the price of L.J's.
" But these burn hotter and cleaner"-----I'm gonna give 'em a try. Thanks for the tip!

Another Lumberjack vote. I like them better than anything else I’ve tried.

Reactions: bauchjw
I have had good luck with Pit Boss pellets - definitely avoid the overpriced Traeger pellets IMHO :)

LumberJack, B & B, Pit Boss, CookinPellets all have worked well for me and the LJ are $9 for a 20# bag @ Atwoods. I know CookinPellets & Lumberjack use 100% of the type wood used and mix oak with their "blends" like most others. I've had great results with Lumberjack.

Lumberjack is my go to, as well. I have used Kingsford cherry and hickory, and thought they were decent, and I buy a bag of Pit Boss when that's all I can get.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky