Smoker in the DC area. But I don't do politics. Lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buddah

Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
Nova
How's it going everybody I am somewhat new to the smoker revolution. I've done barbecue catering over charcoal for about 15 years in a previous life. I now have a master built 40 inch gas smoker and a dual charcoal gas grill out on the deck. Since I moved I no longer have room for a full-size pig cooker :-(. When it comes to pork and chicken I have that mastered. but I'm stepping out into the lamb, beef brisket and Sausage making area. I've done one beef brisket so far that came out fairly nice my next challenge is bone in leg of lamb. If anybody can give me recommendations on time per pound that would be great. I've got a 9 pound leg of lamb that I'm looking to smoke next weekend.

Ps: You may notice I have bacon with a lot of my stuff and that's because I'm a firm believer that bacon can make anything taste just a little bit better. Plus have you ever tried bacon thats been a smoker after 10 hours with a little bit of brown sugar on it.......:drool it's amazing

Welcome aboard, buddah! Glad you joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.   Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-course.  It is packed with great information anyone can use no matter your experience level!

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know before plunging into the forums.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!
The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky