Smoker, Grill and Warmer Box Trailer Build (Pictures-A-Plenty)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gardi

Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Nassau, Bahamas
Good day to all. I am Paul and my company's name is Gardi's, it is an up and coming fast food business in The Bahamas! At age 10 my father started to teach me how to grill and at age 11 my mother started teaching me the secrets of Bahamian cuisine. I have been grilling for years and both professionally and hobby wise. I have tailored functions that sometimes host upwards of 500 people with help of course. I have been doing plenty research and spent countless hours on this site and now I no what I want to build. It will be a mobile kitchen in it truest sense. Comprised of a smoker, grill, warmer box, sink, water supply, counter space, cabinetry and a long list of other amenities that add to the build. I invite all of your thoughts, comments and feedback. 

Thanks

Paul 
grilling_smilie.gif

This is the work done so far. 

All work will be done at my buddies Auto Repair Shop. To make things alot easier we brought this bad boy with us to help with the work load. 

5000 watt generator - she was a bit problematic at times due to the lack of use and i guess maintenance but that was an easy fix after a quick service and fresh gas. She purred like brand new. 

Lining up sheep for the slaughter! 
icon_sad.gif

This is the firebox tank. It is a 60 gallon propane tank. The hole that was cut in it is 18in" in length. 

Before

After

The Warmer - the warmer is cut a 120 degrees to allow maximum usable space while maintaining the integrity of the tank.

The grill - cut at 90 degree angle. 

The 250 gallon tank will get cut next week as we ran out blades and the shops were closed. So we decided to have some fun a roast up

some metal. For this first i used a mango tree wood, cedar wood and pine in all three tanks. After this curing is finished I will use a specialty wood that we have in The Bahamas that has a very aromatic scent and favour in food. 

Early in the morning curing tanks.

Wow are you serious? Man I spent the last hour uploading pics and I have to wait for 25 posts to get them to be displayed doesn't sound legit. 
help.gif

Not for sure on the #, but it is for spam control and to keep the site free of crap from Idiots and hacks. PITA at first, but you will really enjoy it in the long run. Welcome to the site, glad you joined us!

Thanks for the welcome and I see your point with them holding the pics, only makes sense I guess. Well soon enough you and others will have something to look at and can ask questions and leave comments. 

Thanks I appreciate it now I will write up a lil detail on the specs of the project and what I am going to do and post that 2morrow. It is now 2 am in The Bahamas and I am going to catch sum zzzzzzz's!

I like your ideas.  Can't wait to see how it goes together.  I curious if the trailer is heavy enough  to carry the weight.   Looks to be a boat trailer.  There generally not built very heavy. 

I'm thinking of having a  custom smoker built.   I like what your doing here.

I'm in! 
110.gif

beercheer.gif

Welcome to SMF!! I too would be a little concerned about the boat trailer being heavy enough to carry all that weight. You might consider bracing the trailer up and use a heavier axle, not the one that came with the trailer. I will be watching this one also to see if I get any new ideas for my trailer build.

I am not sure how efficient it will be trying to heat a 250 gallon smoker with a 60 gallon firebox. I think that is a little small for the firebox. The recomendations I have seen call for at least 1/3 the size of the cook chamber for the firebox. Just my thoughts. I'll be watching the progress.

Here is a calculator that might help.

http://www.feldoncentral.com/bbqcalculator.html

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky