Smoker doesn’t have vents

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Harwood20

Original poster
May 22, 2020
Hey everyone,

I’m new here and just bought a used vertical charcoal smoker. I spent very little money on it and it’s by no means a top of the line smoker! It’s not exactly a super tight seal but what really worries me is there are no vents to control how much air gets in. My friend has a WSM and his has a vent at the top and the bottom but all mine has is a door to reach the water bath and the charcoal. Does anyone have any tips about how I can try and regulate heat? (Like should I keep the door slightly opened or fully closed?) Thanks guys, hoping this isn’t a simple answer and I’m not wasting your time! I’ve attached a photo as well!

Attachments

• 3C2AA9F2-137E-4D1D-AF51-FB5C26FA9828.png
    3C2AA9F2-137E-4D1D-AF51-FB5C26FA9828.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 35
set and forget, keep water in the pan, it will make great food don't worry about the temps. used 1 for years never no problem, on long cooks you may have to add charcoal

Reactions: Harwood20
set and forget, keep water in the pan, it will make great food don't worry about the temps. used 1 for years never no problem, on long cooks you may have to add charcoal
If it does get too hot what should I do? Pull charcoal out or do you have another suggestion? Sorry I just don’t want to ruin a perfectly good piece of meat Mike243.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky