• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker doesn’t have vents

Harwood20

Joined May 22, 2020
Hey everyone,

I’m new here and just bought a used vertical charcoal smoker. I spent very little money on it and it’s by no means a top of the line smoker! It’s not exactly a super tight seal but what really worries me is there are no vents to control how much air gets in. My friend has a WSM and his has a vent at the top and the bottom but all mine has is a door to reach the water bath and the charcoal. Does anyone have any tips about how I can try and regulate heat? (Like should I keep the door slightly opened or fully closed?) Thanks guys, hoping this isn’t a simple answer and I’m not wasting your time! I’ve attached a photo as well!

Attachments

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
set and forget, keep water in the pan, it will make great food don't worry about the temps. used 1 for years never no problem, on long cooks you may have to add charcoal

Harwood20

Joined May 22, 2020
set and forget, keep water in the pan, it will make great food don't worry about the temps. used 1 for years never no problem, on long cooks you may have to add charcoal
If it does get too hot what should I do? Pull charcoal out or do you have another suggestion? Sorry I just don’t want to ruin a perfectly good piece of meat Mike243.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.