• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker cleaner

grilldad

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 30, 2013
Ok so I have been doing a lot of brewing for the holidays and im gearing up for some pulled pork in the morning. As im cleaning my thermo probes and stuff and found that my brew cleaner works very well at cleaning the smoky black mess off your smoker! No soaking no scrubbing just dip it in and rub with your fingers....just melts right off! Get some and use it!

fpmich

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2013
Interesting.

Would this work without dipping?  Such as spraying on, or sponging over a larger surface such as grates or interior of smoker?

I'm assuming it's food safe seeing as it is used with brewing.

fritzmonroe

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 15, 2013
You are supposed to rinse it well when using PBW.  It's similar to caustic soda. 

Another brew product that works great for cleaning anything is One Step.  This is a no rinse cleaner.

grilldad

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 30, 2013
It could be sprayed or wiped on but you do need to rinse it off afterwards. ..kinda not a big deal considering how well it works.

fpmich

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2013
I pretty much rinse whether using elbow grease or a cleaner.  Either way you got to get rid of the crud.

I'll try to remember this tip next spring.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Good idea,Grilldad. I just wipe the probes clean post cook , the heat probe holder I have several and don't worry about it's looks , but Kudos to you for taking care of your equipment.

Stan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.