Smoker Chip Bowl Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iceman6409

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Rochester, NY
Hello all. I have an old Cabela's Premium Bullet Style Electric Smoker. Still working. The bowl that is used for the wood chips has all but rotted through on the bottom and will soon be unuseable. For the time being I have heavily wrapped it with aluminum foil since it sits on the heating element and it worked last time I used it. I would like to replace this bowl if possible. Cabela's does not appear to support this model or parts for it any more. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I have seen a few ideas such as a simple bread pan or even a small baking sheet. One person suggested using a stainless steel mixing bowl. As much as I would LOVE to get a Pit Boss Austen XL Pellet Smoker right now I cannot justify spending $400-$500 versus $20 or so. Anyways let me know some thoughts. Thank you all in advance

This would be the replacement chip pan for my Pro 100 from PS Seasonings, maybe that'd fit your needs. RAY

Would the stainless steel bowls be enough to heat the chips up and get them smoking?
Yup. They're thin, and have a high melting point. Stainless can warp a bit, but I don't think that's a show-stopper here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky