Smoker Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Big Bad Wolf

Original poster
Jul 31, 2022
Here are some pictures of my last smoker build from a couple of years ago. It is a reverse flow cooker and was built after much research and planning. It was built according to the specs per dave as for sizes, openings, etc. It has proven to be a great smoker for home use, cooking for group get togethers, as well as competition. The size of this smoker is perfect for all uses. It is a stick burner and usually use oak wood as a fuel. You can see several things I included when building, such as the 3500# axle, a full led light system for night towing, 2" ball for towing, slide out grates, a swing out thermometer mount, a built in level, as well as a remov 035.jpg

able stack. It will hold temps from end to end within 5 - 10 degrees after the initial heatup which takes 45 minutes. Just thought I would try to include a few pictures to give all a few ideas if you are building or planning to build a regular or reverse flow cooker. We have cooked 24 Boston Butts with no problem with this reverse flow. Max. capacity would have been about 28 - 30 8 pound butts.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'm sure you can haul enough wood up front to keep it smoking for most of the day. (LOL)

I'm sure you can haul enough wood up front to keep it smoking for most of the day. (LOL)
No problem with the wood. Sometimes we put all our supplies up front and haul the wood in the bed of the truck. It's nice to have an onboard storage place. Designed it this way for balance of the cooker also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky