Smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tcooper

Original poster
Apr 23, 2021
I'm sure there are a ton of you out there that have built offsets however, does anyone have any preferences on smoke stacks? Is a collector better than a pipe size 90? I have heard that a collector creates turbulence and reduces air flow but, this is my first build, I have no idea which one would be better and, I want to minimize do overs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: JLeonard
Reviving this thread to see if daveomak daveomak has any thoughts on collectors. I'm in the process of designing a traditional flow offset and also wonder if there are benefits in a collector. In theory it seems like a good idea to balance the exhaust horizontally. However, not sure how much it matters if the meat is going to be 6" or more from the end of the stack side of the cook chamber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky