Smoked wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, need a little help here. Gonna do some wings, like BDSkelly posted with Tonys Creole seasoning and the injection, from what I see it's the Tony's too, feel free to correct me if I'am wrong.. My main focus is getting it right for the Super Bowl, but also have one little issue... Here's my problem, per say... not all our guests enjoy the "spicy" wings, so I need to come up with a bit of an alternative as far as the seasoning and hopefully an injection as for "not too spicy" wings... Any help or input is very much appreciated.. Thanks, Justin (WHB) :help:

Your talking about Scarbelly wings. Good and spicy! For those that don't like spicy inject with teriyaki. Or just mix up some creole butter with beer. Then salt and pepper the outside. Another option is to inject with Italian dressing. Think outside the box!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Thanks dirtsailor, your usually around to help out when I need it somehow, thank you so much. On the (Scarbelly Wings) I know the story with Gary.. May he R.I.P. but at that point I was not around and did not wanna seem "disrespectful" as calling them by that name, where I was not yet a member and did not have the pleasure of "meeting" him... Hope this all makes sense... Again, thanks so much for your repeated help. Justin

Another good injection you could do is an Asian variation hoisin, soy sauce, garlic, ginger. BBQ sauce watered down with beer works well too.

Again, thanks so much dirtsailor. Your advise is awesome as usual.. Justin

Thanks ds, we'll see what happens but again your ideas just floor me. Thanks for the help yet again.... Justin

Thanks ds, sounds like those would really "fire ya up". I'll have to give em a try as I do like hot. Thanks again, Justin

last time i did wings i cheated and just went to my local Buffalo Wild Wings and bought one of their dry rub spices and used that. they came out great and was no work at all. bowl of wings with a little olive oil and then a sprinkle of rub and then on the smoker. they were a big hit!!!

You could always use a diff sauce that is not too spicy. A sauce that I created is 1/2 cup of Crystal Wing Sauce, 1/3Cup of Sybergs Wing Sauce, and 1/3 cup of Franks Hot Sauce for just a little kick. Try it, you will like it! (If it's still too spicy for them, minus the Franks Hot Sauce)

Thanks jdrew, appreciate the input.... WHB

Thanks kdg, sounds good ! WHB

You could always use a diff sauce that is not too spicy. A sauce that I created is 1/2 cup of Crystal Wing Sauce, 1/3Cup of Sybergs Wing Sauce, and 1/3 cup of Franks Hot Sauce for just a little kick. Try it, you will like it! (If it's still too spicy for them, minus the Franks Hot Sauce)

Thanks kdg, sounds good ! WHB

last time i did wings i cheated and just went to my local Buffalo Wild Wings and bought one of their dry rub spices and used that. they came out great and was no work at all. bowl of wings with a little olive oil and then a sprinkle of rub and then on the smoker. they were a big hit!!!

Thanks jdrew, I love BWW ! Never thought of that approach. WHB

Don't know what happened on post #14, just been one of those days ! However, get thru tomorrow and gotta four day weekend :yahoo: . So that means I get to pull out the grill and :grilling_smilie: Can't wait ! Work should take a backseat to smokin, just saying.... Hope y'all are smokin this weekend too... WHB

OMG Dirt I'm drooling over these wings.  I haven't done any on my smoker yet.....but I see them in the near future..
Thanks! Haven't done wings, Blasphemy 
police2.gif
!!!! I do a batch every couple of weeks
yahoo.gif
I have a new recipe that I am going to give a go this weekend. If it turns out up to my standards I'll be posting it for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky