Smoked Wings. Last Meal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey, Jake.... Thank you for the update! Good news is no one of your family gets worse. Unfortunately, getting the result is not quick. My son was tested for covid last month just in case so he could join me and my wife to celebrate my birthday together... It took 8/9 days to get the result... It still takes too long in spite they tell us opposite....

Howdy fellas and non fellas. School started back Monday. My 4 kids go to a small private Christian school. 380 kids k-12. Wife teaches there. 3 days into school oldest daughter's best friend tested positive for covid. That was Wednesday. They sent the 9th grade home for remainder of week. Thursday notified by health department that daughter was restricted from school due to close contact of friend. She woke up sick that morning. After reporting symptoms to school they sent wife and other 3 kids home. Later that day I became sick. Friday morning we got tested. By then me, daughter, wife are all sick.....and I mean sick. Worst sore throat ever. Blasting headache, tired, and swollen lympnodes on armpits and groins. 4 other kids from class showing same symptoms. We haven't got our results back yet but as Forrest Gump once said "I'm not a smart man" .We have covid......didn't feel well enough to cook but had 7lbs of wings thawed and unless I'm dead I'm not gonna throw them away.

Parted out the whole wings and tossed in Holy Voodoo rub
View attachment 457746
Onto the pellet smoker at 225 using pecan for an hour
View attachment 457747View attachment 457748View attachment 457749
After an hour I bumped heat to 250 and sprayed with beer every 15 minutes for another hour. Then bumped heat to 300 for 30 minutes to get crispy
View attachment 457750
2.5hr total I had super crispy skin and juicy wings. Best I've ever done honestly
View attachment 457751
These are true smoked Wings
View attachment 457752
My plate
View attachment 457753
And my after plate
View attachment 457754
Deliciousness! Even though I can barely swallow.

Had some tomahawks thawing in the fridge for tomorrow but ended up putting back in deep freeze. I've felt worse everyday since getting sick and I figure I'm not gonna feel like cooking again tomorrow. Be safe folks
Hope you and your family get better soon. You truly must be one hard core pittmaster to keep the smoke going in your situation. Wings look great!!

Damn Jake. That's horrible. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you, and your family. Hang in there buddy!

Dave

Update....... started feeling worse yesterday about 1 and still didn't have results. Headed to the ER with wife and daughter (other 3 kids never got sick). Doc at hospital was suspicious we had strep and/or covid. Took a strep test and lo and behold it was positive. Of course then I was thinking great we have strep and covid....fml right? Penicillin shots for the 3 of us and a morphine shot for my level million headache and we came home. Slept like a baby( thanks morphine). Woke up to just a minor sore throat and wife and daughter feeling much better. Hour ago we got call from health department. 6 negative tests. The poor girl at kids school that tested positive for covid in daughter's class has strep AND covid. We are on the mend and almost feel totally better. Other than just feeling wore out. Once again thanks for the concerns and well wishes

HI Jake! Thank you for the update... Strep throat (which I think it is) is a bacterial infection that can make your throat feel sore and scratchy. This is more in children but it is treatable. Good news it's not COVID... Speedy recovery for you and your family...

Reactions: TNJAKE
Great news Jake!! Couldn't have turned out better. So happy for you and your Family. I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster you've been on the last few days. Every time either one of us has a cough or sneeze attack, we look at each other and silently mouth the word "Covid?" It's truly a scary time we are living within.
Thanks for the updates, and stay on the mend.

That's great news Jake! I'll have a couple of drinks and smoke a meatloaf in honor of good fortune and better things to come your way. RAY

Thanks fellas. About to do a little celebrating here. Just fired up the smoker. 2 tomahawks 3lb each
IMG_20200811_165135.jpg
IMG_20200811_165142.jpg

Great news Jake hope all of you continue to improve quickly and those steaks might help they look good

great news Jake hope your family and you are back to 100% soon. those steaks should help you along they look great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky