Smoked Wings (First Ever Smoke w/ Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajun smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Lake Charles, LA
Well I got an MES for Christmas and I finally got a chance to try it out last night. Thanks to my NYE activities, I slept in a bit so I needed to do something that wouldn't take too long. So, I decided on some wings. 

Lightly coated with olive oil then seasoned them well with Nu Nu's (some cajun seasoning from way down in the bayou!)

3d27280d_IMAG0948.jpg

Loaded em up in the MES and let em go for 2 1/2 hours @ 235. Used apple wood chips.

3a07beed_IMAG0953.jpg

I spritzed them with the Slaughterhouse recipe I got off of this site when they came out of the smoker. Not sure if that is the proper time to spritz meat or not but I figured it couldn't hurt lol. It did add a little extra flavor. 

a8d7e5c8_IMAG0952.jpg

I was going to finish them on the grill but when I pulled them out there was no need. They were just right. I didn't manage to get a pic of all of them done but here is a pic of what was left after my roommates "tried" them.

3e898986_IMAG0956.jpg

The money shot.

f35e5e46_IMAG0957.jpg

I was very pleased with the results. I owe many thanks to the members of this site for a successful first smoke. I learned pretty much everything I know about smoking thus far from this site. Thank yall very much! I look forward to posting a lot more Qview in the future!

oh yeah the nu nu's definitely gives em some heat! but i do love hot wings. franks is good and all but you cant beat Louisiana hot sauce, butter, and a little garlic powder! maybe next time i'll toss half the batch in some sauce.  

Last edited:
Great looking smoke - wings look mighty tasty 

Nice wings. Congrats on the new smoker, you got yourself a nice one for sure. I LOVE mine. Looking forward to checking out your future smokes. 

Chris

They look great. Did you get crispy skin? We do smoked wings

all the time but the skin is usually like rubber until I put them on the grill for about ten minutes.

Yeah the skin came out nice and crispy on about 95% of them. There were a few that could have went on the grill but i didnt feel like firing it up just for a few wings. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky