Smoked Wings and Air Fryer finish?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clubmanager

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 19, 2020
I’d like to get the wings really crispy after smoking and wonder if this has been done successfully. I don’t really want to fry traditionally if possible and we do love that air fryer.

I dont see why not but you might have a lingering smoke smell in your fryer for a while. Can you crank your smoker to 400-450 to crisp them

I dont see why not but you might have a lingering smoke smell in your fryer for a while. Can you crank your smoker to 400-450 to crisp them
Yes, I can. As I’m reading the forum, it seems this is what most do? Makes sense….

And while we love smoked food, it probably wouldn’t be fun to have a smoke flavor on everything cooked in the air fryer! I did t think of that.

Reactions: zwiller
Do it all the time,they come out awesome.I have a MES so my max temp is 275, doing it this way is a big help and its easy.

Reactions: bill1
And while we love smoked food, it probably wouldn’t be fun to have a smoke flavor on everything cooked in the air fryer! I did t think of that.
It should wipe right out and if the smoke smell lingers I highly doubt it will impact other foods flavor. People smoking and deep frying is pretty common so air fry would be good as well.

I'm interested in this as well. We have an air fryer built in to our oven and I've been curious about finishing wings in there instead of on the smoker. Currently I crank the smoker to 430-450 to finish.

Following for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky