Smoked wings, ABT's, Fatty and Poblano peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peavley

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Louisiana
Last weekend I decided to do some wings and stuff....since I was firing her up, I just soon fill it up I guess.

59dba4f9_Smoker.jpg

efb02649_Wings.jpg

24a3fb4d_Wings2.jpg

8c1d9c07_ABTsFattyandpeppers.jpg

The dates are wrong on the pictures, this all went down on Saturday 9-18-2010.  The fatty is stuffed with pizza ingredients (pepperoni, sauce, black olives, mushrooms, and cheese.)  The ABT's some with laughing cow's swiss cream cheese (excellent) and some with goats cheese.  The Poblano's were used for the sauce for the wings for those of us who wanted to kick it up a notch.  Cooked it all between 275 and 300 with pecan wood until done.  The wings were a little over done by the time I pulled them.  But they were still great...sorry no shots after I pulled them we were too hungry.

Enjoy

icon_cool.gif

First thing let's start off with YUMMO. That looks great and that wing contraption thingy is pretty cool too. Now your fattie sounds good and the abt's looks pretty awesome too. But the one thing that I see that is wrong is that there's not enough Abt's. I can eat twice that many. But you will learn soon enough I think.

icon_cool.gif

First thing let's start off with YUMMO. That looks great and that wing contraption thingy is pretty cool too. Now your fattie sounds good and the abt's looks pretty awesome too. But the one thing that I see that is wrong is that there's not enough Abt's. I can eat twice that many. But you will learn soon enough I think.
Thanks, yeah it did not take long to learn that there were not enough Abt's.  They were gone quickly.  The wing racks are very useful, you can fit about 15 on each rack and it saves space.  I think I am going to try some leg quaters this weekend.  I might try half with some of my wing sauce and half with a traditional type of chicken brine/rub.  I have never really SMOKED chicken before these wings, I was concerned about getting the skin crispy and well the skin was a little too crispy on these wings.  Now I am going to try to get some crispy skin on the leg quarters this weekend.

Last edited:
wonderful Q view, bro!  it all looks good, but thise ABTs are definitely talking to me!  i love the idea of goat cheese!  i'm gonna give that a try next time!

(your yard is pretty good looking, too!   nice smokin' set up!)

i've never seen those wing hangers before.  are those commercially available, or did you make them?

getting pictures after the food comes off is rediculously difficult sometimes!  people are ready to eat!

I agree that yard is fantastic, but where's the chair with the cooler next to it? Shouldn't it be parked next to the smoker
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks for sharing the great looking Q, and it's nice to see someone using Poblano chiles in something other than chile rellenos. It's all good my friend.

Thank yall for checking it out. 

Here is a link to the wing racks...now they have changed them to hold legs also, but I guess they work the same.  I have 5 of them and use them often.

https://www.pelicansky.com/productdetail.aspx?id=111&cat=68

wntrlnd - The goat cheese was OK, but the Laughing Cow's Cheese was excellent. 

realtorterry - I am going to have to get a shot of the cooler next time.

richoso1 - This was the first time I have ever cooked or eaten Poblano peppers, they definately enhanced the sauce quite a bit... and I only used one of them.

What do yall think about trying the wing sauce on leg quarters?...it just doesn't seem right to me, but that is what I have, I am out of wings!

Last edited:
wow, thanks for the linkage to the wing/leg racks!

in case anyone else is interested, it looks like they're marked down right now, from $8.50 to $7.50

i agree with the above opinions on the wing sauce.  i'm thinking it will be just fine on the quarters. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky