Smoked Wings 2 Ways with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atlandjojo

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Lawrenceville, Ga
I have spent all day trying to decide what my next smoking venture would be. After searching this site for a while I decided on trying wings for the first time. Done 2 ways.

1st way: Soaking overnight in a butter milk brine with my own special rub, SLAP YA MAMA Cajun Seasoning (Love this stuff). And hot sauce and sea salt

2nd way: injected with a mixture of hot sauce, my rub, SYM Cajun seasoning and brown sugar. Seasoned outside with my rub.

I will add more Q-view tomorrow when I get the smoker going.

For now all are in the fridge resting.My 16 year old came in the kitchen already drooling

Looks as if you have your Ducks lined up :thumb1: , now when you're done , be sure to give us a judgement on whitch is better! :popcorn

I'll be watching . . . :Coffee:

Meanwhile .. .

Gonna crank up smoker to 290-300 to try to get the skin crisp. Only have apple would for the smoke but some is better than none

Even though injected with hot sauce, the butter and brown sugar cut the heat back enough to where you get that kick at the back of your throat. My two youngest loved the brined ones. It sucks when you tell someone that you will bring them some when they are soooo good. Didn't make many for the first try

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky