• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smoked venison quarter

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
waiting on smoker to get to 250....rubbing this 12-pound bad boy with salt,chili powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
I am SOOOOO Jealous right now. Keep those pics coming. Im in for whole thing.

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Im in on this one!
Got a deer coming tomorrow for me.. never threw the whole quarter in the smoker...

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
just took out of smoker and put deer in a roasting pan with carrots, onions, potatoes and about 8 cups of a white bbq sauce made famous by big bob gibsons in alabama...consists of mayo, distilled white vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, ground black pepper, a pinch of white pepper, lemon juice, sale and cayenne pepper...putting it back in smoker for about 5 more hours with no more smoke

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
salt not sale*.....forget to get a pic before i put back in..too big of a rush...
......will get one for yall in a few hours 

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
just took it out the smoker...let it sleep for 30 mins and then pics will come

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
Its a good thing you live far away because if you were nearby I'd be showing up for dinner!!! Looks Great...

rangerdave4

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Mike pick me up on the way over there LOL, man that looks good. the sounds of the BBQ made my mouth water, just got a big doe saturday, going to give your way a try. Thank you !!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.