Smoked Venison Back Strap Medallion Suggestions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jcotrel1

Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
New York City, NY
I have back strap medallions that I'm going to marinate and wrap with a piece of bacon. But I was thinking about throwing a smoke on it before finishing on the grill.

Any suggestions on time and temp before finishing on the grill?

Thanks in advance!

I have back strap medallions that I'm going to marinate and wrap with a piece of bacon. But I was thinking about throwing a smoke on it before finishing on the grill.

Any suggestions on time and temp before finishing on the grill?

Thanks in advance!

If your medallions are not too thin, >1", a reverse sear would be great. Smoke the medallions at 180-225, until the IT hits 100°F. Then a Screaming HOT Grill, will sear and finish to your desired temp. I like an IT of 120-125° tops...JJ

If your medallions are not too thin, >1", a reverse sear would be great. Smoke the medallions at 180-225, until the IT hits 100°F. Then a Screaming HOT Grill, will sear and finish to your desired temp. I like an IT of 120-125° tops...JJ
Thanks JJ! That's exactly what I have. About 1" thick cuts.

JJ,

Thanks for the tip! They turned out great!
venison medallions.jpeg

Looks great...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky