smoked turkey leftovers.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
smoked a turkey this weekend and had some left over so i picked the meat and made a stock from the bones and veggie trimmings from the prep. the one thing i did do was to only use the bones and no skin so the smoke flavor would not be so strong. i find that when making stock from smoked birds that the flavor is quite song for my liking. i made a roux from 1/2 butter and 1/2 buckboard grease. sweated the veggies, added the stock, tossed in some cream of mushroom soup and roux to thicken it up and had that on noodles. also i made a loaf of bread.

c50d4ba1_IMGP1226.jpg

here is the loaf f bread.................

86bb8a0b_IMGP1223.jpg

thx for stoppin' by.........

Nice job Rob but I only see one place and I know there a three mouths to feed
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  just sayin
icon_mrgreen.gif

thx guys..........nothin' fancy just good food.

Nice job Rob but I only see one place and I know there a three mouths to feed
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  just sayin
icon_mrgreen.gif

elbows were-a-flyin'!

icon_cool.gif

Now leftovers are some of the best thing with smoked foods atleast to me. You have done a fine job the Chef.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky