Smoked turkey discussion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

David Halcomb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 12, 2017
I have way over smoked a turkey in the past and want to avoid that tomorrow. I will be using my new vertical wood burning smoker. Foil the turkey for parry of the smoke?

Thanks

I have way over smoked a turkey in the past and want to avoid that tomorrow. I will be using my new vertical wood burning smoker. Foil the turkey for parry of the smoke?

Thanks

Hi there and welcome!

I would say first and foremost, make sure you are getting Thine Blue Smoke (TBS). If you are then you will likely not oversmoke your turkey unless you are applying a lot of wood smoke all at once. Thick white smoke = bad bad bad smoke so don't apply much of that.

If you can't control your smoke very well then limit the amount of time you apply smoke. So maybe 30 minutes of smoke at a time.

My hope is that you can really control your smoke and that should be the ticket. Best of luck :)

If your using a stick burner, then just keep the fire hot & keep a good coal bed. Most if the time you should just see very little smoke & mostly heat coming out of the stack.
Al

If your using a stick burner, then just keep the fire hot & keep a good coal bed. Most if the time you should just see very little smoke & mostly heat coming out of the stack.
Al

Going for this as I type. Looking for heavy heavy coal bed before I start. Thanks guys.

Thin Blue Smoke it is.

20171123_111730.jpg

Looks like you are well on your way my friend! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky