Smoked Turkey Breast (Hickory Smoked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK Coach. I have borrowed your recipe, made some adjustments and will report back tomorrow on the results.

Thanks for your posts!
They are really are a ton of help.

Just now found this, looks wonderful!! I havent tried one yet. When you say the breast was enhanced I got some visuals but prolly not what you meant! What does it refer to in this sense?

Just now found this, looks wonderful!! I havent tried one yet. When you say the breast was enhanced I got some visuals but prolly not what you meant! What does it refer to in this sense?

Thank You, PAS !!
No Silicon involved.:D
Enhanced meat can be defined as fresh, whole muscle meat that has been injected with a solution of water and other ingredients that may include salt, phosphates, antioxidants, and flavorings.
Regular meat can be defined as fresh, whole muscle meat that has not been injected or marinated.

Bear

Reactions: PAS
Bear, I took your turkey procedures and smoked my first turkey breast this year. I have to say that I was a bit worried, thinking that it would be dried out or not done properly...Man was I wrong!

20201126_092244.jpg
20201126_092406.jpg

Bird before going to the smoker and when it was in the box.
20201126_115315.jpg

at 2 1/2 hours in, just before I put in the remote temp probe
20201126_163119.jpg

Just before I begin the slicing operations...
Everything came out great...The breast was quite moist, and when I cut into with the electric carving knife, the smoked aroma that came from the bird was mouth-watering. The wife has volunteered me to do a whole turkey for next year when family can join in again...Guess I'll be practicing some in the mean time.

Thank you so much for your "Step by Steps"...your work helps us beginners turn out a darn good meal...

SirMcGyver
Phoenix, AZ

That's Great, Sir!!
Looks Perfect---Awesome color!
Thanks for the nice comments.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky