Smoked Shotgun Shells Appetizer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
This is a great appetizer and so easy to modify the stuffing to your own liking. I used ground breakfast sausage but next batch it's gonna be a meatloaf style mixture.

Here's the video.. the recipe and instructions are down below:

Ingredients

Instructions

Note: No need to steam or use oven-ready shells.
  1. Stuff meat into manicotti shells. I pressed the shells into the meat but you can also pipe it in with a piping bag or a filled zip top bag with the corner cut off. I also included a chunk of cheddar in the center in mine.
  2. Wrap shells in thin stretched slices of bacon.. I used 1 slice per shell.
  3. Paint with sauce to make them sticky then apply rub.
  4. Place onto rack or pan and into fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
  5. Smoke at 225°F for about 2 hours. Then crank up the heat to 275°F if possible and give it another 30 minutes or so to help crisp the bacon.
  6. Paint with sauce if desired about 10 minutes before they are finished.
  7. Enjoy!
This is from a recipe posted at https://www.smoking-meat.com/october-7-2021-smoked-shotgun-shells

Looks great, Jeff, and another item on my to-do list. But the wheels are already turning as I can see a bunch of possibilities...

Reactions: TulsaJeff
200.gif

Saw these in the email the other day and look forward to giving them a try. Thanks for posting them to the forum as well!

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Jeff, I think these must just be too popular. I'm thinking cannelloni shells would be a better size than manicotti, but I can't find any anywhere near me. Finally had to order them off of Amazon, and delivery is going to be a week or more. :emoji_angry:

Jeff, I think these must just be too popular. I'm thinking cannelloni shells would be a better size than manicotti, but I can't find any anywhere near me. Finally had to order them off of Amazon, and delivery is going to be a week or more. :emoji_angry:

Cannelloni shells are definitely difficult to find but I agree that they are a better size.

Thanks! That is definitely in the must do list!!!!!Man this forum is the end of all free time…haha, in a great way!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: mneeley490
I saw this post earlier but didn't have time to read it but did watch the video on your website. Since I did just make them I can attest to how good they are!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky