Smoked roast leg of lamb

Discussion in 'Lamb' started by dieseltojo, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hi Folks,
    I gave the WSM a 5 hour run to try out the recommended lighting method and all went well.  The hard part was to walk away and have a beer; it was only 8 o'clock am!  But I did as recommended; I reckon it had to be opening time somewhere in the world.
    The leg was over 3 kg (6 lb), but not too big and I had it in a solid brine all night, dried it off, applied olive oil ,black pepper, cayenne ,and about a dozen garlic cloves cut into pockets.  A bit to much garlic.

Look away if you don't like your lamb well done.

Excuse the delux table.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/dieseltojo/IMG_7725.jpg

I see pics of many lamb roasts pretty rare, but we like our lamb well done.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/dieseltojo/IMG_7726.jpg

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

It certainly has a nice crust on the outside, but your right we like our lamb med/rare.

3. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It looks good (to much garlic ? [​IMG]  lamb and garlic is a marriage fro haven) i love mine med my wife loves here dead like your lamb

well done

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Your lamb looks great to me. If you like it that way then you smoke it that way. But it looks fine to me.

5. owlcreeksmoker4

owlcreeksmoker4 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Looks really good! my wife loves it well dont, but not this guy lol

6. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

We eat our lamb on the pink side as well but what ever you prefer is what you should do. It's been a long time since I have made lamb. I might have to do some for the holidays.

7. skully

skully Meat Mopper

never to much garlic......looks good

8. Thanks guys,It sure was nice at the table, well worth the effort.

9. I like my meats well done and the wife like hers rare so I am going to ry my first leg this week and hope for the best. I will go for something close to Diesltojo on the first try and work from there with more experience. Looks like its good though.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011