Smoked Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
This was about 4" thick cut from rib roast last year. Used some Hardcore Carnivore Black and let sit for about 5 hours in fridge. Took out hour before smoking. Figured this would be a good seasoning run for the new Char-Griller. Ended up taking couple hours with grill running over 350. This was one of the best tasting Ribeyes had in a while. Plan was to sear but when open lid at 115 had great color thanks to that Hardcore Carnivore Black so let go to 125.

20211017_143149.jpg 20211017_143152.jpg
20211017_163707.jpg 20211017_163716.jpg 20211017_174010.jpg

I really liking this seasoning on winter squash. Roasting the only way to go. Just need a saw to slice the things. Need to start nuking a little first. Was planning some zucchini noodles but somehow never got done. Might of had to do with that 120 proof whiskey.

jj.jpg 20211017_145552.jpg

Kind of messy but was really good.

20211017_193947.jpg

Got me another sinus infection or cold. Whatever it is it is kicking my butt. Had to pass up golfing with friend today. Been over 10 years since played.

Looks good and a sear ain’t always needed, prayers for a quick recovery, had Covid last year and it started with a sinus infection so I’m scared of those now

Looks good and a sear ain’t always needed, prayers for a quick recovery, had Covid last year and it started with a sinus infection so I’m scared of those now
I have had sinus troubles all my life. I messed up and smoke some cig's which messed me up than used leave blower while cleaning shop out which did me in.

Great looking meal Brian. That steak is a monster buddy!! My kind of a slab of beef right there.

Might of had to do with that 120 proof whiskey.

Nah...that'd never mess up dinner plans now would it? If nothing else it might help with the sinus infection :emoji_wink: You need to get over that one, clear the schedule for a couple days, load Gretchen up, and take that much-anticipated road trip. We'll make it happen one day soon, I'm sure.

Robert

Nah...that'd never mess up dinner plans now would it? If nothing else it might help with the sinus infection :emoji_wink: You need to get over that one, clear the schedule for a couple days, load Gretchen up, and take that much-anticipated road trip. We'll make it happen one day soon, I'm sure.

Robert
I'm my own worst enemy. I know what happens every time I smoke but after doing good for a while I get the urge. Never been a full time smoker just when get around people smoking, like the VFW, I want one than end up smoking the whole pack. Instant sinus infection.

Oh Boy!!
I'll Bet that Ribeye was Tasty!!!
Dang things are up to $15 around here, for Choice!!
Nice Job, Brian!
Like.

Bear

Nice! Carnivore Black on a ribeye is my go to plan. Sooo good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky