Smoked Rib Roast, BBQ Teriyaki Chicken, Egplant Parm, & Crab Ravioli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
That's the main manu for today's party for a dozen of us. Yesterday I fried four sliced eggplants
DSCN1363.JPG

Then assembled a casserole in layers of sauce, sliced eggplant, mozzarella cheese, sauce, sliced Portobello shrooms. more cheese, sauce, egglpant, etc. that will go into a 325º oven for about 90 minutes

DSCN1366.JPG

I took the seven pound rib roast and gave is a brushed coating of Worcestershire bold and a coating a CBP and sea salt
DSCN1362.JPG

It's now smoking in the Pro 100 at 175º with hickory chips, soon I'll change the chips and raise the temp on the smoker to 200º for and hour, then closed the vents, raise to temp to 22º until I hit a IT of 122º. The plan is to pull it then and let it sit for 15 minutes, foil wrap, ant put back into the Pro 100 which had been lowered to 130º to keep warm while the Weber does it thing indirect on a dozen chicken thighs that have been marinating overnight in Yoshida's sauce.
DSCN1369.JPG
DSCN1367.JPG

I'm scrambling today! More to come. RAY

looks like it's going to be some good stuff Ray, feel sorry for the 4 that backed out they don't know what they are going miss.

Reactions: sawhorseray
What a ride, everything turned out great! Dinner was scheduled for 5pm and folks were supposed to show up at our place at 3. Cousin Ginger gave out some incorrect info and they started showing up at a quarter to two, wife was still in the shower. We sat out in the patio and Bob pretty entertained the group with non-stop fetching. I pulled the rib roast at 116º and put it into a aluminum pan and covered it with foil as the Pro 100 was cooling down to 130º. That gave me time to fire up the weber and as the teriyaki chicken thighs smoked to perfection the roast climbed to 127º.

DSCN1370.JPG

I had the eggplant parm in the oven for about two hours when it was ready, and the crab ravs were done right on time. The roast was getting sliced at 4:58
DSCN1371.JPG

The buffet was opened right after this picture was taken at 5:02, everything was hot!
DSCN1372.JPG

We didn't miss the folks who failed to show at all, everyone in the house was family. We had a great time and a fantastic meal, served right on time, which doesn't always just roll over. Cousin Kurt, a rabid Steelers fan, will be over for leftovers and the game Monday night. Thanks for looking. RAY

Thanks a ton for the comments and likes guys, they are greatly appreciated. Man, that was a runnin' ton of fun and quite a challenge, I learned a few new trick along the way. My ThermoPro was a little bit confusing, both were in the roast and reading thirty degrees different. I changed them around and still the same thing. I inserted a different one I had on hand and it read right about the same as one of the Therm probes so I went with that and things came out perfect. I'm going to order two new probes for the ThermoPro from Amazon today, that ought to clear that up. The next rib roast will go on the SQ36 and I'll be sure to be making some easier ready-to-go sides like tater salad, slaw, and beans so I'll only have to focus on one thing. Cousin Kurt the Steelers fan will be over for the SNF and leftovers, we've got a lot stacked up in the fridge. Thanks again! RAY

Thanks you John, turned out there would have been plenty to go around if you and Sue were there. Did you do a cook? Where do I find it? I'm up late this morning after the horrific Niner loss. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky