Smoked Pork Szechuan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Well smoked a rubless Boston Butt Sunday, but it was so cold, the kids didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t show, so the missus and I had Yukon Gold smashed potatoes and Hot Pork sammiches w/Pork Gravy last night. So tonight I grabbed 4 or 5 thick slices of that lovely smoked pork, cut em into strips and whipped me up a batch of tantalizing Smoked Pork Szechuan with about a #9 heat, my sweetie thought it a bit too zippy for her palate :oops: I thought it was the cats meow! :roll: Ah So! Sorry no shots, I ate the model! :shock:

Smoked got a recipe for that tantalizing Smoked Pork Szechuan ?
We can forgive the lack of pictures but ... only if you share your recipe.

:P

Sounds yummy!

Ah so papa san, Confusius say man who not share recipe fall into disfavor :( sounds really good. Especially the the #9 heat
wink.gif

Well…ok :oops:

Smoked Szechuan Pork
1-1/2 pounds smoked pork butt, cut in bite size pieces on the bias
5Tbs. soy sauce, divided use
2Tbs. cornstarch, divided use
2Tbs. oil, divided use
2Tbs. chile paste
1/2tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2tsp. minced fresh ginger
1/2cup chicken broth
2Tbs. rice wine vinegar
2Tbs. dry white wine
1tsp. brown sugar
1/2bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2-inch strips
1/2vidalia onion in wedges
1carrot, sliced on an angle, kinda thin
2cups brocolli florets
1/4cup sliced water chestnuts
2cloves garlic-sliced thin
2Tbs. water
1Marinate pork in combined 3 Tbs. soy sauce, and 1 Tbs. cornstarch for 30 minutes.
2Heat 1 tbs oil in wok or slope sided pan. Stir-fry crushed red pepper over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; remove.
3 In remaining oil, stir ginger and garlic and water chestnuts until lightly browned. Add broth, vinegar, 2 Tbs. soy sauce, wine, chili paste and sugar. Cover; simmer 2 minutes.
4 Add veggies; cook 2 minutes.
5 Add smoked pork.
6 Add combined 1 tablespoon cornstarch and water. Cook and stir until thickened, serve immediately.
:twisted:

Carl, I saw that 2 tbs of chile paste in the recipe and my forehead broke out in a sweat!! I am going to try this but I gotta tame it down a bit for Mrs. Dutch. The only thing she likes hot is me!! Opps did I really type that!!! SHOCK!!

Well, Roger…with the pepper flake infused oil and the 2 Tbs of chili paste I figure normal people have their limits, I of course had to squirt some additional srirachi sauce on my portion or my sweetie would have been dining on cheese crackers!

As a correction, please note…the smoked pork was a butt not a loin (however Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m sure a loin would make for a perfectly fine substitute, albeit maybe not quite as tender as a butt). Thank you!

Rodger, I gave you a smiley face :)

That sounds like it would taste great (maybe minus a bit of the heat although it is so cold here in Michigan I am not sure I would feel the heat).

I give you 2 gold stars for a great sounding recipe
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky